Ask the Experts: What Are Good Research Paper Topics?
There are many sites which offer great suggestions on selection of a good research paper topic for the homework requirements of the students. But choosing a good research paper topic is a task in itself. While choosing a good research paper topic, the first thing that the student must analyze and prioritize is his/ her personal interest on the topic. When the students personal interest on the topic gets combined with his efforts to research and develop a fine research paper, the results are magnified in terms of their quality and scope of the topic selected for research. Therefore, having an interest in the topic has its own advantages for successful completion of the research paper.
Choosing a good topic for research may not come easy for the student, so here are some suggestions that will help them choose a good topic for research:
- Make an outline of a broader subject of their interest. This will help them in narrowing down their focus in the selection of a specific topic related to their subject of interest where they can list out all the various options that they can possibly explore for finding the right topic for research.
- Suppose they have chosen their subject of interest which may be, for example a matter relating to gender equality. The next step they must take is to figure out the resources where they could get their information on the chosen field of interest in the internet. Location of resources could be traced to news articles, journals, gender statistics, women empowerment websites and initiatives, discussion forums, etc. These information sites can them be used to develop the basic core idea on the chosen subject of interest.
- As they skim through the various resources for finding information on gender equality, they would find several ideas relating the subject to a specific idea or concept to develop the basic plot for the research. Maybe, narrowing down to the need for gender equality at work for equal rights for women at work and pay could be arrived at. Or the student can undertake the issue of enrollment of women in top positions in armed forces catering to the concept of gender equality could be addressed.
- This can then be followed by collection of background information and related resources to conduct the research study. Here all the resources available on the internet can also be explored to develop a perspective and argument on the issue which would add weight and credibility to the topic selection for research. Your research can be supported by statistics and facts and later on considering all the information gathered, a solution can be proposed for the research.
Some topics for research
- Entrepreneurship: Taking a road less travelled
- E-Commerce and its advantages
- Anger management for better social interactions and work environment
- Stress management for better work life balance
- Health, fitness and the importance of hygiene.